Tuesday, July 2, 2013

YOGA???

Last night a friend invited me to a Yoga Class. I was more than a little surprised when my oldest son decided to come and then proceeded to invite my mother as well. Come on people, this is not what we are about! I admit I was a bit skeptical about the entire experience. "Yoga, schmoga... whatever!! I bet I won't like this.. not one bit! AND I AM NOT BECOMING A VEGETARIAN!" were the internal conversations I found myself having. BUT HERE'S THE THING.. it was a really, really nice experience. I gave into the deep breathing concepts and removal of barriers and found myself challenged and actually liking it. WHAT?? That was not supposed to happen. I really enjoyed the instructor and liked the fact that she thanked us for coming to her "practice". Practice.. I thought you were the expert. However, she epitomized my philosophy that we are all allowed bad days, good days, and days when we are totally on fire! To practice means that you are not novice nor are you master. Ahhh.... lovely!! At the end of the hour, my body felt like marshmallows yet my mind was alert and reflective. It felt good to try something new and not feel failure or the need to compare my experience to anyone else's. The next time asks you try something out of your comfort zone... CARPE DIEM!! Seize the day!! SAY YES!! Get to it with the confidence that the journey IS the challenge! You might just find a new passion or at least something to giggle about among good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment