Monday, September 12, 2016

Paths Less Traveled...

Our amazing Assistant Principal is working with us on mindset changes. She offered the challenge to travel to or from work in a path that you don’t usually travel. Here was my response…. I took an alternate route home with my 15 year old driving.  I waited for East Rowan to dismiss and we were in the "car line of craziness" as we made our way eastward.  I was a nervous wreck.  ALL these former Eagles driving cars with blaring stereos and not a care in the world including paying attention to the cars in front of and behind them.  Rather than drive straight down Highway 52, we turned onto Sides Road.  Even tho' it was curvy and unfamiliar, I felt relieved to be away from much of the mayhem I was surrounded by.   I admit it made me think of the first month of school.  Even tho' there is chaos, confusion, and  a barrage of I can't do this rants... soon enough the unfamiliar WILL feel comfortable and even tho' you don't know what lies around the bend, you KNOW you can handle it and handle it well.  Perhaps this "road trip" was a reminder to me to remove myself from negative thinking and joining in on unproductive energy instead  I'll just "head out on the highway.... looking for adventure!"  (Born to Be Wild, Steppenwolf, 1968).

No comments:

Post a Comment