Saturday, June 9, 2012

BE STILL..

It is nearly 3:00 on a Saturday. I still have on my pajamas and have eaten buffalo chicken dip and cupcakes for breakfast and lunch. I have watched two less than stellar movies and completed four crossword puzzles. I have moved from couch to chair and back again. I spent 84... YES 84 minutes on the phone talking to my mom and enjoying her conversation! I have given myself permission to leave dishes, laundry, household chores, and bill paying for another day... AND I MUST SAY IT FEELS TERRIFIC!!

Teachers are programmed to go, do, push, research, revise, multi-task, give, give, give... until there is nothing left of us. Taking a stolen day is something we do not do because we KNOW the tasks must get done BY US and no one else. I feel a bit selfish; a tad self-centered; but ultimately I FEEL RESTED... and that is worth all the other stuff I traded to steal this one day!


Give in to this temptation.. your heart, mind, and soul will thank you!! I promise!

1 comment:

  1. I felt better just reading about how much better you feel!! I love days like this and we rarely ever indulge in one!! Glad you did...you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete