Monday, July 6, 2015

Lessons from Ants

In my attempt to get healthier and also decrease the amount of money I spend, I have taken to the great outdoors for my daily workout. I walk along the dirt road we live on and some adjacent property to keep things interesting. In the past week I have noticed straight dark lines along the dirt road. I really have ignored them once I made certain they were not snakes. I finally took a moment to inspect the line and discovered there were hundreds of black ants working like crazy! Each day, cars, tractors, people, and animals disrupt these hard working lines. During a much needed rain storm, the line was totally obliterated. YET.. the ants keep working with great determination. It seems that they are focused on what they believe to be important and do not waiver from their desired outcome. They do not freak out over every little thing, but just stay the course and are not deterred by set backs. IF ONLY, I could be so focused. Imagine if we forgot about all the other "stuff" in our lives and really, diligently, worked on making life better for those we love. Despite the fact these little boogers annoy the heck out of me at times, I am thankful for their presence and the lessons I can learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment