Friday, July 3, 2015

Rainy Day Persperctive

Rainy days used to really bother me. They meant having to stay inside and "having nothing to do" (a kid's worst case scenario). At this point in my life, I cherish the rain. I've learned how necessary it is to my survival...for crops, for drinking water (I have a well), and for cleaning my body and all the messes I make. This morning, I will put on my very best old tennis shoes and walk my daily walk for improved health. Instead of dreading the rain, I pray fervently that it will cleanse me of negativity, doubt, dismay, jealousy, dread, and a bevy of other baggage I selfishly hold on to. The rain may hide tears and sweat while both cleanse me of the natural state of chaos in my calamity causing conscience. It may muffle my song that I am too self-conscious to belt in order to find that better self that lurks within. Raining in your space? Join me.... we have some puddle jumping joy to discover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment