Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Shock and Awe and a Dose of Reality?

This week I have had the honor of participating in the Summer Connections Conference with Mooresville Graded School District. I have found myself in shock and awe that I can say those words. For several years, EVERY TIME I heard that district mentioned I rolled my eyes and internally made the very immature "gag me" gesture. Their system was touted as being all that and a bag of chips and jealousy, envy, and lack of understanding ruled my attitude. BUT HERE IS THE THING.. the folks I have met are truly wonderful instructors. They are dedicated, hard working, and inspired to continually reflect upon their teaching in a transparent and honest way. One underlying theme that I applaud them for is THEY LOVE KIDS! ALL THE STAFF and ALL OF THE KIDS!! They seek first to build relationships and then push hard with material for mastery and excellence. Their superintendent said "you'd better get really comfortable with being uncomfortable!" Great mantra for growth, change, and passion! SO... hats off to Mooresville Staff and Students. I am not too proud to admit.. I am stealing your ideas and pray they take flight in my little part of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment