Monday, July 5, 2010

MEMA HOLBROOK

Today we visited Mema Holbrook at the nursing home. SHE LOOKED GREAT.
I love the fact that she puts on makeup and MUST have a bath every day.
I also love the fact that even tho' she does not love this place.....she is making the best of it.
Since Saturday, she has seen first hand how blessed she is and has the sense to admit it!
I love the fact that she started whispering a little gossip about her roommate.
I love the fact that she is certain she has to go home...
WHY?
Because she promised Mack and Alex to teach them to make her famous pound cake.
Mema is eighty-eight years old. She reads her Bible every day and has a great
sense of humor. I love it when something really gets to her and she throws her
head back and laughs a laugh that is generated deep within her soul.
She is of sound mind and owes it all to her Word Search and Soduku workbooks.
I pray that at her age (should I live that long)...someone will feel about me...the way
we feel about Mema.
God bless you sweet lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment