Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Friends

Were you ever a Girl Scout? I was. I remember a little song we sang...Make new friends....but keep the old...one is silver and the other gold. Tonight I had the honor of meeting some of my husband's friends from "the old days". I will admit...I was a little nervous. I wanted to make a good impression. I wanted them to approve. I wanted him to be proud of the life we have created.

I ended up with an even greater surprise. I really liked the guys. My husband remained true to himself...not changing just because they were around. I saw them raise eyebrows and look at me for my reaction...and received approving smiles when my true self was good enough for them. THIS WAS NICE!

An added bonus...we got ice cream after dinner and walked around the historic district of Sanford, NC. There were kids playing in the city's fountain. Our kids ran races up and down the sidewalks. We window shopped and had conversations about the buildings and the history they likely held. The vibe was fun and old-fashioned...and lovely.

The evening was perfect. Nostalgia may be a side effect of being forty....but I am really okay with this one!!

May you find yourself in perfect evenings...that you never expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment