Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wanna' be Friends?

I am sitting at the pool on vacation in the lovely North Carolina Mountains. For several days now I have enjoyed watching my children play with a variety of people. People from all ages and walks of life. Our youngest find.....from Dubai..a two year old and our oldest find...an eighty nine year old lady who just lost her husband. Alex is quick to say..."My name is Alex, wanna' be my friend?". This is the greatest statement ever. He loves to play with others. He wants to know from where they come, what they do for fun, and how long they will be staying. When we went to the Weenie and S'more Party this afternoon, I heard.."hey...there is our friend Alex." This was nice. Alex is deserving of the title and the honor that comes along with it. It really is very simple. To have friends...you have to first be one. You must show concern for them and their story and listen...really LISTEN!! Alex does these things. I should humble myself and be like Alex. HEY...you wanna' be my friend?

3 comments:

  1. CUTE STORY! :) Very sweet.... and YES i want to be your friend...Wait a minute... we are friends :) Love reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I wonder where he learned how to do that??? Apple...Tree...didn't fall far...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from your Mom this morn. Happy that
    your family is having a "blast" there in mountains. Give all our love. Such true words in
    gaining & having friends. Have a blessed day.
    Love, Aunt Vee

    ReplyDelete