Wednesday, August 4, 2010

VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL

Today was Vacation Bible School. I can't help myself..... I love it! I have fond memories of being maybe four or five years old and singing about "This Little Light of Mine" and "Kum Ba Yah" , making playdough (that you could eat) and drinking Grape or Orange Crush that Mr. Bud Kilby would deliver each night. I know we were in the top floor, first door on the right of First Baptist Church North Wilkesboro. My mom and Vickie Caudill were teachers and we had a blast. We would leave each night with a cool mountain evening chill and joy, joy, joy, joy...down in our hearts!!


Later in life I have taught, directed, gamed, decorated, refreshmented.....whatever it takes to make VBS a success. I love meeting children and watching the spirit of God flow through them when you compliment them on their felt, glue, and glitter masterpieces. They are thirsty and open and are willing to let the cleansing waters of Jesus saturate their very being. I love VBS because...I want to return to that childlike innocence...where I hear the Master saying..."little girl..come to me".... and I go! It makes my heart light and fill with joy at the thought that I would actually fall asleep nightly exhausted because I have done HIS will and HIS work.

Tonight I am drained...but the labor has been for a higher cause and one that is WORTHY TO BE PRAISED. Thanks be to God for the blessings he allows us to be through him!! May you be all that HE created you to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment