Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday's Solitude

This morning my house is silent. Mack is in Elkin working with Poppy. Andy and Alex have gone to Raleigh to meet a friend. I am here...alone... and getting what I say I always want...A MOMENT OF SILENCE. So then...why is this not much fun? Probably because I find the quiet disturbing. It makes me ponder how life could be. The what if my house was always this quiet questions slam around my brain and I begin to feel a bit panicky. YOU SEE... my noise is my life. The laughter and fussing of little boys, the overly loud television blaring the latest Phineas and Ferb, the loud dog barking at her shadow or a no-see-um, the washing machine and dryer begging us to go back to school so that they too may rest..... You get the picture. Your home is likely this way if you live with any other human. So...I am going to get busy. Attempt to enjoy my quiet time.... and remember to celebrate the noise when it thankfully returns!! HAVE A NOISY DAY WONDERFUL ONES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment