Monday, August 9, 2010

Mendy the Joy Spreader!!

Tonight I got to go to Zumba! If you have ever been, you know what I am talking about. If you have not...get your sweet hiney to a class...NOW!!
In any event....I get to go with my dear friend, Mendy! The class is awesome..but the time with her is joyful. You see.....Mendy makes others feel good about themselves. She is a great encourager, listener, and has a laugh that is contagious. Mendy makes you feel like you will be truly missed when you are away. I distinctly remember seeing her at Morgan School when my oldest was in Kindergarten. "HEY...I don't know who she is...but I hope Mack gets to have her" rang through my head as everyone who made her acquaintance smiled, laughed, and seemed to be physically uplifted by a moment of Mendy. Little did I know....how blessed I would be to not only have Mack have her for first grade but to later call her friend. I look forward to seeing Mendy and her family on our McWednesday dates and ALWAYS have a better day for the time I have shared with her. She is a joy spreader...and unlike the flu...it's a very, very good thing. My hope is to be more Mendy-like upon my return to school. Wherever she is... a party and celebration follows. Thanks be to God for this gift of friendship...don't know what I did to deserve it...but I am certainly grateful!!

NOW.....about that ZUMBA class...

No comments:

Post a Comment