Saturday, August 14, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

Today I saw the movie "eat, pray, love". I did not enjoy the book..but really, really liked the movie. Julia Roberts was wonderfully convincing. In one portion, Liz (the main character) visits Italy. While living among the people she gets to see a different way of life. The Italians condemn the American for being too stuck on things and not enjoying the moments we are given. They further say that we don't feel we are entitled to experience pleasure. I have to say this hits home. They giggled and made fun of the fact that we work ourselves into exhaustion only to find ourselves at home on Friday nights in pajamas..and like me..falling asleep before the rented movie even gets good.
SO....the question arises...WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? Perhaps I should take more breaths; experience more moments and genuinely appreciate the fact that I have been given talents that create passion within me. Maybe I will order dessert only and share with those I love most. The movie made me feel blessed...to be in a place at a time in my life...where peace is pretty easily achieved....NOW...let the passion start flowing.

BLESSINGS ON YOU DEAR ONES.... May your passions be many and your troubles be few!!

No comments:

Post a Comment