Saturday, March 26, 2011

Do The Right Thing!!

My parents and their parents and probably their parents and EVERY generation before me has often told their kids.."do the right thing." I am burdened by that responsibility sometimes. I find myself begrudgingly "doing the right thing" when (if I were totally honest with myself) that is the polar opposite of what I want to do! When I constantly give in to this unspoken expectation, I grow weary and irritable and really inwardly hostile about the "things" and the people that expect them! BUT HERE IS THE THING.... if you will... when I am selfish and give in to my "all about me attitude", I miss out. I miss out on experiences, ah-ha moments, and many memory making opportunities. So... today.. I will get a shower, I will go somewhere I have little or no desire to go, and I will...once again.. do the right thing! Praying that God will shake me up a bit and that the smiles shared will be the only memory of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment