Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The ugly, ugly truth.......

Today marks DAY 1 of the never-ending quest to lose weight. I REALLY don't like being overweight and I really don't like feeling as tho' I can't do everything my mind seems to think I can. Just last week, I nailed a double wing at dance..only to have my knees BEG for mercy the next morning.. NOT GOOD. AND YES.. I have kidded myself and said all the classic statements..."the dryer shrunk my pants, I really did not eat that much, I don't have time for exercise".... BLAH BLAH BLAH Maria!! Give it a break... you sound worse than the drill at the dentists' office accompanied by long icky teacher nails down and old-fashioned chalk board. I give 100% most everywhere in my life and MUST commit to taking better care of myself. The recent bills that have begun to pour in for our month of insane health-care needs really ought to be catalyst enough. BUT NO.. don't forget the many, many dollars I have spent on weight loss.. only to gain those little suckers back (and them some). For those who have never struggled with weight, don't judge and don't give empty advice. You, nor I, never will really understand another's journey until we have walked in another's shoes. (By the way~ I tried that once and really did not like my friend's shoes at all.. they pinched my toes). Ultimately, I seek truthful support and encouragement. I will keep you posted and if you find this ridiculous... just tune out. I won't be offended.
So.... success for Day 1. I am encouraged and excited. THANKS for asking!

PS.. Thanks to the numerous folks out there who have inspired me. YOU LOOK MAHVELOUS DAHLINGS!!!! (Old 7-Up commercial voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment