Sunday, April 8, 2018

April 6... 2018 Writing Challenge

How did I go to school when I was little?

I rode to school with my mom.  Since she taught at my elementary school, that was an easy answer.  We lived less than two minutes from school so our commute was a short one.

 SOMETIMES... when my mom was feeling really wild and crazy, I would walk home from school.  The times were different and I am sure she knew she would quickly be joining me.  The feeling of FREEDOM walking home alone was addictive.  We lived in a neighborhood called Westwood Hills and the hill part was for real.  There was NO WAY to get to our home without climbing a really big hill (read mountain for all my Piedmont friends).  If I ever thought I would get into mischief in Home Alone fashion, I assure you climbing the hill to get home took all the vim and vinegar right out of this rebel child.

GOOD TIMES.. and I mean that!

No comments:

Post a Comment