Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ARE YOU LISTENING?

Today I spent a frazzling day in the computer lab. The students could easily complete the task I asked of them..IF THEY LISTENED to the first few moments of class. If not.... several steps in to the activity.. BAM... big fat mess. This drove me CRAZY!!! Undeniably the students would insist that they had followed the steps and that the "computer messed them up". NOT QUITE my lovelies.
Hours later.. I have to admit... WE don't often listen. Someone tells us very important information and we are too busy formulating our response or better yet.. what we think they are going to say. I need to work on this... The Tlingit Indian Tribe of Alaska says that speaking too much or too long shows disrespect for others. WOW.. something to think about it.. There in lies my challenge... speak less... listen more... and REALLY listen!! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment