Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Taking things for granted!

TODAY... my car died. That crazy kind where you drive to a store, do your business, and come out to... NOTHING!! No door lock, no radio... we are talking dead, dead, dead. Thankfully my mom and son came to my rescue, picked me up, and will take me back later with some help from people who understand engines.
THE THOUGHT STRIKES ME.. right now... I take many things for granted. cars that start, hotwater for showers, cold water for drinking, grocery stores with what I not only need but also with what I want, medical geniuses to restore me to health, a job that will offer payment to cover my desires, friends, family, love of those people, their guaranteed forgiveness of my bizarre and quirky ways, the fact that I can leave work to be done tomorrow, and that tomorrow will come! UH-OH... here's where my heart skips a beat. IF TOMORROW does not come to me... what would I have left undone? Have I cleared off my doorstoop so that CHRIST would see my WELCOME sign should he return tomorrow? I know he knows my worries and my troubles. PERHAPS the car not working is his way of shaking up my monotony and making me take notice of the many blessings he as ALREADY granted. I think I am going to get busy... I've got some praising to do and some people to thank. If you are reading this... I probably owe you a thanks.. MAY GOD BLESS YOU and may you realize that just now.. at this very moment.. I realized I should never take you for granted!! AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment