Monday, March 19, 2018

March 12... Writing Challenge 2018

How I Focus...

HAHAHAHHAAAAA!!  What a hilarious topic for this ADHD teacher.

But seriously,
when I really need to focus I find myself in quiet, dimly lit spaces.  I need a little drink and perhaps a tiny snack (so I won't have that excuse to disturb my mojo).  If I am reading something, I need a hard copy and a pen to annotate.  I have to shut my eyes and envision what the end goal I am working on will look like.  Sometimes, this requires task analysis to break the task down into doable sections.  Or other times I have to set time limits to work and then take breaks.  I work well under pressure and this difficulty focusing probably spawns my procrastination at the get go.

My kids at school often comment that "they make medicine for people like you, Mrs. Freeman".  Touche' my dear loves, touche'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment