Thursday, March 1, 2018

March 1...Writing Challenge 2018

What was the last thing you talked about with your Mother?

Let me first say that I am very blessed to still have my mom.  So many friends have lost their parents and I treasure the time I have with mine.

Interestingly enough, my mom spends many days at my school as a substitute teacher.  So our last conversation was about me finding a “cute and sassy” picture of her to mail to my Principal so she can get a new ID badge.  This says a lot about her.  1- She is proud of her appearance and takes pride in the way she looks.  2- The fact that her badge is broken is justified because she works many more days than some folks who are full time employees.  And 3- She has no intention of stopping any time soon.  This attitude likely fuels her health and stamina and ability to stay current among challenging middle school kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment