Tuesday, March 6, 2018

March 4.... Writing Challenge 2018

Something I Need To Let Go Of....

is letting things beyond my control dictate my attitude and mood.  This happens TOO often as I try to navigate work, parenting teenage boys, and attempting to be a decent wife, daughter, and friend.

I am pretty quick to forgive big things...but you let those little things pile up and whew, buddy.. I lose my mojo in a minute.  AND THERE I STAY.. on Negative Island and ought to buy every single souvenir they have.

Several years ago, I had my students write down their EOG fears on EOG Survivor Cards. In typical Survivor fashion,  we took them outside and burned them.  The Tribe had spoken... we COULD conquer those fears.

Perhaps, I should make a weekly list of annoyances and have a ceremonial burning on Fridays.  Most likely on the deck... with the sun setting and a peaceful weekend on the horizon.  I LIKE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment