Tuesday, March 27, 2018

March 26... Writing Challenge 2018

Something I Am Looking Forward To..

is Merlefest 2018!  To many people, a huge "hippy music festival" might sound like torture.  I get it.  I really do.  Lots of people, unpredictable temperatures, and exhaustion brought about by work that looks like all fun and games can be challenging.

But here is the thing.. at MERLEFEST, you get to just be!  I mean really and sincerely JUST BE!  Just be you!  Just be true to yourself! Just be in the moment!  Just be around! Just be allowed to tune in or tune out!  Just be a free spirit!  Just be a friendly, helpful person!  Just be that person who shuts down negativity!  Just be happy with the people around you....even if you will likely never see them again!  Just be amazed by all you see!  Just be lightened by the music and the magic of the mountains!  Just be thankful for old friendships quickly rekindled and celebrated!  Just be AMAZING! Just be reverent!  Just be polite!  Just be nice!  Just be joyful!

I am so looking forward to this time.  The fact I share it with my son, my mom, and my hometown which makes me repeatedly proud in the face of many challenges is bonus as Merlefest allows all who are willing to JUST BE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment