Saturday, November 20, 2010

SOUPER Genes??



Tonight we had our family Thanksgiving get together... it is a SOUPER event. You see, we all bring crock pots full of soup and desserts and share with one another. The food is great. LAUGHTER is loud and it is wonderful. The soups are very different... even when we make the "same" recipe. Soup is like that.. it allows the flavor to marry and gets better with age. I can't help but think about my own genetic make-up. Although I share similar DNA history with these people, we are all unique. SO.. I have to reflect on my own makeup. What traits have I been given from those before me that are worthy of passing on? From my Papa Drye.... a love and respect for nature and all God's creatures, realizing that sometimes, they may very well be your best friends. From Mama Drye... the ability to take pride in what you have and the creativity to turn nothing into something quite magical. From my Papa McDonald... a thirst for God's word and direction in my life and a love of Eggnog and hoop cheese. From my Mama McDonald... the ability to cut through the bull and see things as they are.. sorry I never did acquire her love of coffee. From my Dad... a great sense of humor and the ability to make others feel at ease. From my Mom... a desire to be the best I can possibly be and that crazy Drye Drive that will not allow me to quit! So.. I must admit... the soup that is me is not too bad. I doubt Campbell's will ever purchase the copyright recipe.... but for today.. it is good enough and with that I am satisfied!

Blessings to you dear ones. May the coming week find you SOUPER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment