Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thankfulness Challenge?

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. ~H.U. Westermayer

Many friends are talking about the concept of thankfulness and taking the challenge to list daily one thing they are thankful for. In no disrespect... should this really be a CHALLENGE? For me, I have been given far more than I deserve. Conversely..I have often NOT been given exactly what I deserve. I should have a major knot jerked in my more than ample hind end....seriously.. I should be in a constant state of gratitude for all my blessings. I have lived an overall satisfying life. I realize that the bumps I have endured have been lessons learned and created the person I am. I have been blessed with FAITH that God will provide and LOVES me unconditionally.. scars, errors, and fouls. This.... is enough. Which leads me back to my initial point... I AM THANKFUL and should be! God's unending love and abiding mercy to you... and prayers that we all realize these things without ceasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment