Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Old Friends.. and TAP shoes

Tonight when I went to dance... my friend JANE was there. Jane is a retired home economics teacher and had to take time off from dance to care for her mother who has unfortunately passed away. YOU SEE.. Jane realized she would have a void in her life and wisely returned to a place she enjoyed! When I entered the studio... I let out a little girl like scream of excitement.. I had forgotten how much I enjoy Jane. Jane is an older lady... who has not bought into that notion. Jane never takes herself too seriously and always makes you feel special Jane makes our performances because.. although she may not get all the steps... she is the epitome of a performer... the audience can not take their eyes off Jane.. and we don't mind! SHE is so worth it. So YES.. today was a spectacular day... I got to wear my tap shoes and Jane did too. BLESSINGS ARE MINE and I am so undeserving! Thank you God for those people in our lives that help us live more fully! May you and I both be more Jane like in the remaining days we have been given.

1 comment:

  1. I let out a big "Jane!" when I saw her there too. Great post and so true :) xo
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete