Saturday, November 6, 2010

Family Ties

Tonight we had a mini-reunion with my dad's siblings and their offspring. IT WAS A BLAST. I know these people from the perspective of a kid. They are cousins and aunts and uncles.....you get the picture. TONIGHT...I got the chance to visit with them as adults.... and I must add they are pretty darn spectacular. They are wives and mothers and are unique and special and talented. The best thing.. the really best thing was that our little "private" room was filled with laughter. The kind of laughter that is genuine and from the soul. Our kids had fun and became quick friends and actually allowed the adults to visit a bit. I think our grandparents are pleased. I think they found joy in our reunion. AND FOR THAT and the blessing of biological family and families of the heart.. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment