Monday, November 8, 2010

Holding ON??

I have been an observer of people for quite a while now. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to be paid for such great thoughts... yet I have had a lot of fun with a variety of people doing so. Today's observation is this... in most relationship type photos you see one person as the one holding on and the other being held. I wonder... is it always the same person? Does God lead us to the one that needs to be held or that will hold us? Do we ever reverse roles? I wonder about myself. Where do I fall on the holding on continuum? What causes us to hold on? Do we fear losing the person or are we like toddlers that want one more squeeze before leaving for the day? So my challenge from all this mindless tomfoolery is this... BE WORTHY of the one who holds on to me and have the courage to hold on when needed. May God grant me the discernment to distinguish between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment