Sunday, November 14, 2010

VICTORY in Jesus...

Yesterday brought the close of our football season. We had beautiful weather and I was, quite honestly, very nervous and excited at the same time. If I am truthful.. I really wanted to throw up as my 3rd and 4th grade team played. The first quarter was quite acceptable. We were down by six to a team that had beaten us twice before... NOT BAD.. not bad.. NOT BAD. However... in the second half.. an unacceptable thing happened. The official felt the need to yell that "(our) coaches were just a sorry bunch" IN FRONT OF CHILDREN. REALLY?? YOU did not need to say this. This inevitably causes a nasty (yet civilized) confrontation allowing one of our coaches to be ejected from the game... BUT OUR KIDS KEPT PLAYING!!
These young boys who came out in September fearful, overwhelmed, and really contemplating quitting after Week 1 have learned perseverance. BUT THYE DID NOT QUIT... they stuck through it and faced their fear. Despite injuries, adverse weather, and often times complete and total frustration, our boys played and learned and grew from their mistakes. I feel these 8 and 9 year olds are wonderful role models of how my Christian walk SHOULD BE... I should keep my eyes on the prize and work through difficulties with the belief that ultimately.. I WILL HAVE A VICTORY.. and it will be in JESUS!! God bless my boys and help my influence on them to have been a good thing and as Christ-like as possible from this lowly sinner. AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment