Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year....New Attitude?

Today marks the beginning of another calendar year. Many people make resolutions and pledge, promise, and THINK they will change. I don't really know if I buy it. I suppose I think...if it is a bad habit that needs to be dropped or a good habit that needs to be started, why wait? I also can't help but be reminded that each day we are GIVEN and each breath we take are chances to "do over" in our Heavenly Father's eyes. HE does not wait to forgive. HE does not love conditionally. HE asks very little, yet firmly, consistently, and unselfishly gives so much. SO... rather than make a "resolution" that I will likely find emptiness and failure in, I will CHOOSE to gratefully accept the gift of love and pardon from my creator. If I live in the WORD and in a manner that is pleasing to him...I WILL NOT FAIL!

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
Philippians 4:13

1 comment: