Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday's Second Thoughts

Today I fully intended to take down and quickly put away everything Christmas. I planned to do it all in record time and get my life back to "normal". However, I listened to my pastor's words about after Christmas let down and depression. He reminded me that Christmas should not be a one day event. That little Baby Jesus... you know? He grew up. He was sacrificed for sinners everywhere... and Christmas is the beginning. Christmas should be cherished in our hearts and celebrated every day. HIS birth marks the beginning of the promise fulfilled for forgiveness, hope and salvation. SO... you guessed it. The Christmas decorations are still up. Another day I will take the time to put them away... and cherish them and feel grateful and blessed and HE will be with me.

Matthew 1:23
23"Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel," which means, "God is with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment