Thursday, January 6, 2011

Subtle Worry?

Tomorrow my youngest son will have his tonsils out. In my mind, I feel confident about the surgeon, the facilities, and his need for the procedure. BUT the Momma in me can not help but be worried. I wonder about the 2.7 billion "what if" questions and dare not allow myself to consider the possibilities of the answers. These answers make my heart race and the eyes well up a bit. I am not an ACTIVE worrier... ever... except when I mailed off "the box" for my National Board Certification. (I passed that one by the way!). However, the subtle worry and momentary panic that follows... I am certainly guilty of. My son is one of the best and most wonderful gifts I have ever been given and for him and the one that gave him to me... I am forever grateful. For now... I have said enough. Time to have a very important conversation with a friend like no other who will give me comfort and ease my fears.. HE will take care of me and my son...his son. I know it!

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment