Sunday, January 30, 2011

Heart Filled with Pride and a Moment of Sadness

Today my oldest son sang with the Honor's Chorus from his school at the Salisbury Symphony. He is one of only a few boys and really did not care who was trying out. Today he sang with his whole heart. He threw his head back and sang of Crazy Horse and Harriet Tubman and seemed to emote joy from his sweet little toes all the way to the pinnacle of his yellow topped head. I was so proud. He did what he wanted and did it with passion and joy. He was true to himself and just pretty spectacular... along with about one hundred other kids. He beamed with excitement as he marched in.. caught between being too cool and about to burst. WOW.. what did I do to get to parent this amazing young one? Then (for just a moment) the thought struck me... my time with him and our other son is flying too quickly. They will be out in the world and (for a while) totally bothered by me. I pray that I use my time with them wisely and that they are prepared to face the challenges that lie ahead. My opportunity as their mother is a very serious task and one that often overwhelms me because I don't get any do-overs.
Thank you God for them and for giving them to me.. if only for a little while longer... Please guide me to guide them in the paths of YOUR choosing and keep us all close to you so we can not possibly turn away. AMEN!

Proverbs - Chapter 22:6
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment