Saturday, January 8, 2011

On The Mend

My youngest son had his tonsils removed yesterday morning. He is recovering but his state of being goes from feeling great to flashback induced cries for help and repeating "I wanna' go home" and The Lord's Prayer. This experience has caused me to push my limits of patience. I am NOT a natural nurse but my heart breaks for Alex and I would gladly take his pain if I could. I am probably going to be accused of babying him too much... but this time I will just have to keep doing what I feel is right. I willingly agreed for this surgery to occur and knew that it would cause Alex pain. I HATE that it had to happen but the incessant bouts of strep were taking a toll on us as well. Thankfully, Alex will get well. He is giving us glimpses of that silly smile that usually means he is up to something. This entire experience causes me to pause in awe... HOW COULD our Heavenly Father knowingly send his son to experience the pain and death for MY sins?? Mind boggling!! Thanks be to God for healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment