Sunday, January 9, 2011

Why Do We STOP??

When the boys were little and in Daycare, I often would pick them up and they would say... I MISSED YOU! and I missed them equally. WHY DO WE STOP saying the truth as we grow older? Every parent and grown-up type person worth copying always said "honesty is the best policy" (or something like that). "If you tell the truth, you won't be in trouble". "As long you are honest, it will all be okay." HOWEVER... as we age... something gets twisted. We no longer say, "hey.. I still am your friend, but you hurt my feelings, made me mad, disappointed me"... whatever would be fitting. Instead we learn, practice and grow quite accomplished at saying "oh, it's okay.. I had too much to do anyway; was enjoying the time to be quiet while I waited on you; or I got so involved I did not notice you failed to call". BALOGNA!!!! PHOOEY!! AND LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!! We are being nothing less than dishonest... and I am quite certain that goes directly against one of the original commandments. This week... I think I am going to try to speak the TRUTH in LOVE.. and pray that like those darling little toddlers I will easily be forgiven and forgive. AMEN!


"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ" (Eph. 4: 15).

No comments:

Post a Comment