Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow... BE STILL!!

Today is Day 4 of a snowy, icy week in my town. Everyone here rejoices with the first flakes. Quickly, their cries of happiness turn to despair and grovveling that they "can't get out" and are "going to go absolutely nuts". Don't get me wrong.. I get it. I truly do. My small home becomes teensy and tiny with all four of our independent and strong-willed personalities together for too long. However... it is a chance to be still. I really have a hard time with this one. But being still.. gives us a chance to focus on God's voice that we often fail to hear in our busy, hectic, and frantic lives. God paints the landscape. Take a moment to enjoy it. Listen for the solitude and peace and "be still and know that (he) is God" {Psalm 46:10}.

No comments:

Post a Comment