Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day and I think this year has been one of the BEST ever. Perhaps because I took my destiny into my own hands and wrote individual cards for all my colleagues and for each of my students. It's a day when so many people feel let down or disappointed. I thought I would be proactive and make sure they started their days (or my class period) knowing that I think they are pretty darn special. It was a labor of love. It made my heart full...thinking of each one and thanking God for them. IT WAS LOVELY!!! We had the best time... all day long. Laughter filled the air and each period some child would say, "really, it's time to go already?" Now that is what I am talking about. Not to be trite, but I LOVE those days. I came home to flowers, chocolates, and three smiling faces who love me today and even those days when I am anything but lovable. BONUS!! Love is what we make of it. Celebrate the small gestures and constantly ask yourself... what can I do to show the love Christ has shown me? This very simple, but life-changing task can move mountains!! Bless you... and... have I told you lately that I love you?? WELL.. I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment