Monday, June 6, 2011

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES.....

This week is a big one. My husband (Shrek) and I will celebrate fourteen years of marriage; our oldest son will graduate from elementary school; I will say goodbye to another batch of students; I will celebrate the retirement of three outstanding educators; and I will mark the end of working with a favorite co-worker (for at least one year). In case you don't know me so well.. I don't handle changes very well. They challenge the inner core of my being that desires so very much to be positive, but the truth is this... I hate changes which often require endings. Changes force me to look back and become weepily nostalgic. I am awed at how quickly time goes and how daily changes have gone unnoticed. I KNOW.... oh-blah-de oh-blah da... LIFE GOES ON... but every once in a while.. I would like to savor the moment, milk every bit of marrow from it and delight in the here and now that is all too fleeting.

My goal for this week is this.. BE JOYOUS!! BE GRATEFUL!! and be thankful for change. Despite not wanting to change, I have been blessed to have the opportunity for opportunities, for do-overs, for forgiveness, and for fresh starts. These too are changes... and really are not so bad!! I will take comfort that God's love for me does not change and he already knows about the changes that are coming my way! He's got it all figured out... why do I worry??



"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"
Numbers 23:19

No comments:

Post a Comment