Monday, June 6, 2011

Wedding Days and Anniversary Daze

Tuesday, June 7, 2011... I will celebrate 14 years of marriage.. FOURTEEN YEARS?? How did that happen?? I can hardly believe it. I remember telling my grandfather in my early twenty's that I knew I wanted to be a mom.. just none too sure about the whole wife thing... THEN one CRAZY night I met Shrek. I had dated someone for a very long time and really, really did not want anything serious. Serious or not.. here we are. Fourteen years of ups, downs, and all arounds. We have grown a business, two sons, many four-legged creatures and a love that continues to evolve. I know I am not the same person I was fourteen years ago.. in some ways I am so much better.. others.. not so much. BUT HERE IS THE ONE TRUE THING.. my husband loves me through it all. Sometimes it is a crazy, unpredictable love that makes no sense. Nevertheless.. we are still in this thing... and are not planning on going anywhere. So.. to you Shrek.. thanks for the memories and here's to another forty or fifty more.... I love you dearly and always will.


"Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment