Thursday, June 9, 2011

MORGAN Meltdowns and Maniacal Memories

Today was my oldest son's 5th grade graduation. He received several awards and was really excited about the day ( as evidenced by his happy dance out of the auditorium). As soon as they marched in.... the lump began to form. YOU SEE DEAR FRIENDS... I am not good with emotions. For some insane reason, I feel the need to CONTROL... control.. CoNtRol.. myself on all occasions. I resist "letting go" for fear that I may never "get it back". BUT TODAY... I just embraced the moment. These people.. the staff at Morgan School have aided in the raising of my son. They have taught us all so very much! Lessons that are truly priceless. They BELIEVE in Mack and never say "you can't" or "really? I don't think so". Mrs. Petre and Mrs. Gobble loved Mack through kindergarten. He was a little songbird and everything worked out perfectly once he got some Motown under his belt. Mrs. Benge loved him during hard family times and fuzzy first grade q-tip hair. Mrs. Hallquist loved Mack into finding his own music and encouraged his love for nature and history. Mr. Raitti taught Mack about "manly" elementary teachers and sticking to difficult tasks. Mrs. Zimmerman taught Mack about first "crushes" and that loving what you do is the ONLY choice worth making in life. Mrs. Morefield taught Mack about character and giving 110% because it is the right thing to do. AND MOST RECENTLY... Mrs. Jacobs, Mrs. Eller, and Mrs. Newman have loved him through emerging puberty and insane coughing fits.
The entire Morgan Staff has helped Mack find his voice and have encouraged him to be true to himself... even when it is not fashionable or popular. Morgan Schools KNOWS Mack. Not just superficially or in a "it's my job" manner. They encourage and laugh with and hug on my boy... every day... every day... EVERY DAY!!
For these folks... I am grateful and blessed. So yeah... the tears are still at the rims and have striped my face all day long. BUT I AM NOT SAD.. no.. not at all. Just a humbled parent who is overwhelmed with joy and gratitude at the good fortune bestowed upon my family. THANKS BE TO GOD for these people and their magnificence.

No comments:

Post a Comment