Monday, June 13, 2011

Teacher Pleasing Behavior??

Tonight I had bass lessons. LAST week I had the unmitigated gaul to take a song of my choosing and "ask questions" knowing that my teacher could not stifle my enthusiasm. WE totally figured the song out for my husband and I and it was pretty cool. This week, I dared not take the same attitude. I am aware that he has an agenda and NEEDS for me to learn in the manner he thinks is best.. however.. I did not practice, yet JUST KEEP NAILING IT!! This is so foreign to me. Why did I not take this instrument up earlier? SO.. tonight I listened attentively and answered his questions with just a slight lilt in my voice so that he could confirm my correct answer.. and thus feel pride in his student. The process IS really fun... and the outcome is spectacular. SO.. teacher pleasing or not... I am grateful for new skills and a new avenue to express the desires of my heart!

“The Lord was ready to save me; Therefore we will sing my songs with stringed instruments All the days of our life, in the house of the Lord.” ~ Isaiah 38:20

No comments:

Post a Comment