Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thunder Storms and Pitiful Pets.....

We are currently experiencing one of God's amazing natural phenomena... a summer storm. I love these... don't know if I always have but certainly do now. Our pets on the other hand are NOT fans. Holly, the 125 pound German Shepherd who is mighty and ferocious is reduced to a whimpering ball of rain-soaked fur. Ruby, the 80 pound Bloodhound "baby" is still not exactly sure what this whole thing even is. They are scratching at the door, expecting to be let in our home.. which has NEVER happened for either of them. Hmmmm.... This causes me to pause.....
We all should be a little nervous of the unknown. It keeps us alert to danger and protects us from our own innocence. It (hopefully) shelters us from falling into traps of torment and temptation. We really ought to be mindful of these things always. BUT NO.. we are lowly sinners who fall into the monotony of the world and its routines. Every once in a while, it takes GOD and his magnificent light show to slow us down and evaluate.. just what are we doing? and is it to HIS glory? I know I will never create a masterpiece like the one before me. BUT I CAN follow the master's plan to his laud and honor..
Thanks God for the show... it is AWEsome.....

No comments:

Post a Comment