Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Toucans 2011--- Thanks for the memories!

Tonight I celebrated 87 of my favorite sixth graders and my wonderful team of teachers. I AM BLESSED!! I don't know if I inherit the best kids.. but I know that I end with them They grow, they change, they doubt, the believe... and ultimately they leave footprints on my heart..never, never to be forgotten.
This year's highlights..
Open House and your sweet, horrifed faces
The first time someone said "sucks, shut up or stupid"... BIG FAT No NO words!!
Touching Spirit Bear and your breathless anticipation... "Is he gonna' die???"
Chorus Concerts with Edelweiss... I always get a lump in my throat when you swing in those sweet falsetto voices!!
Weekly Reports and Reward Times
The first dance where you actually danced and quit running
Acne, braces, glasses, and puberty
Hugs and smiles and sweet stories shared
Book projects and ah-ha moments
I Have Who Has... wow what a CRAZY competition!!
Excellence, perseverance, encouragement and LOVE!!
YOU... each and every one of you!!

May God bless you in all you do. I will miss you but will never be too far away to help in times of need and CHEER you on in your successes! You make my heart sing.. and for that I am grateful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment