Sunday, September 19, 2010

Family Reunions

Today we went to a family reunion. We also have one next week. In October we have two for my husband's branch of the tree. I admit...I don't always have the enthusiasm I should have for these such occasions. Often you work like a crazy person to prepare for the event and by the time you get there you are exhausted and dreading going home to the mess you left behind. I have to say today's reunion was a no- sweat experience for me. Three Domino's pizzas, a multi-pack of individual chips, and a Food Lion cake were the items I took.. and I brought NOTHING home. I did enjoy looking at old pictures from of my Great-grandparents and find the similarities with those surrounding me really uncanny. One neat thing was I discovered I am related to one of my current students. WHO KNEW??

The thing I guess I should consider is the legacy those before us have left. We are who we are based on the struggles and challenges our grandparents endured. Our work ethic, value system and even in some cases habits are based on their influence. The thing that keeps resounding in my mind is....WHAT am I doing that is worthy of being passed on? Better still...what will Great Grandma Maria be remembered for? This makes my head spin and I have to pray hard to be the person my great-grandchildren deserve. They are going to be world changers.... I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment