Thursday, September 23, 2010

TRADITIONS???

In the wonderful and quaint small town we live in, there are two major traditions that our community has definite opinions of. One is the Faith Fourth of July and the other is the Annual Fall County Fair. When asked... the reactions are either.. OH MY GOSH.. I LOVE IT... or such nice reactions as OH MY GOSH.. I HATE IT.. I even pay my kids NOT to go.
This strikes me as funny. Do you have to be from "around here" to think either event is a must-go? Do you think badly of others who fall on the other end of the opinion spectrum? What appeals to you about these events? Is it the people? Is it the food? or Is it the fellowship you seek? OR are you trying to reconnect with days gone by when times were simpler?
PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG.. I do not attend these events nor do I judge those that do. Just interesting as a transplant to observe such affairs. Hope your fair week has been a good one... regardless of your spectrum end!

No comments:

Post a Comment