Friday, September 24, 2010

Let's Dance!!

Tonight I chaperoned my umpteenth hundredth middle school dance. I really don't mind and find it ironic that some things never really change. No matter how lame and easy group dances are... everyone does them! The youngest in attendance run around as if they are searching for something else and the oldest are SO over this entire gig...yet they continue to come. I believe it's cheap entertainment ($5.00 for 2 and 1/2 hours) AND if the odors in the gym and lobby were any indicator... lots of exercise must have taken place. The DJ's did a pretty good job of playing a variety of music and to my knowledge...no MAJOR drama occurred.
The HIGHLIGHT of the night for me was when the majority of the dancing pre-teens rushed the bleachers to dance and scream the old favorite YMCA!! HEY... I thought... I know that one... it was good to feel a part of the craziness. So I thank you Erwin Middle School and your wonderful students. Thank you for giving me a glimpse into my past and for letting me enjoy your fun. NOW...if I could only get the DJs to spin a few Motown Tunes.... my night would be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment