Saturday, September 25, 2010

Football Nostalgia?

Today marked the start of our Youth Football League Season. I am so very proud of both of our teams and our excellent cheerleaders. Call me nostalgic, but there is something special about having a sunburned face and no voice because you have screamed ALL day for kids.. your's and other's. The camaraderie that has been established in a matter of three weeks is what it is all about. To watch little boys who are absolutely terrified the first week of practice develop into smiling, winning players is a thing of simple beauty. It is how life SHOULD be.. work hard, play fair, and give your best, hurt a little, smile a lot, and celebrate little successes... YOU ARE A WINNER. These 78 boys are mine for a while and I am already loving each of them. God has placed me in this place at this time... I pray I make the best of the mission I have been given....and maybe... just one day.... these super kids will look back at their time with YFL and call it a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment