Monday, September 6, 2010

Observations from the Run In

If you have not been to a run-in, Quality Mart, 7-11, type of place in a while, I highly recommend you do so. Today (while waiting in the car for my thirsty travelers to grab a few pricey and necessary snacks), I observed the following:
1- a young couple flirtatiously arguing over how to spend their combined $3.00. She wanted a juice type drink, he wanted a soda. The juice won. 2. a gentleman (and I use that term in the most sarcastic tone possible) talking absolute smack to an older man who was a slow gas pumper. Very unimpressive. I am certain his mother raised him better than that. 3. a rather crazy young woman of healthy proportions who stored all of her worldly possessions in her bra. She was quite entertaining as she dug around herself to gather her goods to shop for dinner or men. I am not sure what her intention. 4- a beautiful and very young mother carefully pumping gas and talking to her sweet little baby girl in the back seat. Although she was extremely attentive, I caught her looking around as if she were afraid she might see someone special or maybe in an effort to be a "normal" teenager. 5- People, people, people in a HURRY, HURRY, HURRY.

All this in a matter of five minutes or less. I love to watch people. I often am humbled by their patience, kindness, and genuine goodness. Other times, I find myself grateful to be ME...with all my baggage and dysfunction. I realize things could be better or they could be worse. But more importantly...just to be grateful that I am who I am with what I have right this very minute...while sitting in the Run-in parking lot!

Praying you will find satisfaction at this moment and be glad in who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment