Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's the Hard Knock Life??

Today, one of my new and lovely Toucan students asked me, "Mrs. Freeman...do you know that song? The Hard Knock Life?" I, of course, and without warning bursted into the song. It made me think...Is my life a hard knock life? Really?
When it comes down to brass tacks... the resounding answer is NO. NOT REALLY. Each night I go to bed I am mostly comfortable, mostly full, and mostly happy. Do I have worries? ABSOLUTELY... but the thing I am learning is that worry will do nothing but make my face have wrinkles, my head hurt, and cause indigestion. The verse "cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7) keeps coming to mind. A wise friend said recently... "we pray to God to heal people and deliver them from evil temptations and addictions, yet we don't trust him to help us pay our bills". OUCH.. that hurt.... the truth often does. So I guess I am just going to keep on praying, keep on believing that my GOD will deliver me, and that hard knocks are a part of life. If you listen to the Annie Soundrack.. you know... come on... sing it with me... THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW.... Yes Lord, I hear you and believe in you and tomorrow!!

May your hard knocks be blessings and your tomorrows better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment