Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Night Confession

Whew... here we are... we have arrived at Saturday Night. The week has been chaotic and jumbled and spent running, running...
....r-u-n-n-i-n-g...wily nilly here and yon. A thought strikes me... I HAVE BECOME IMPATIENT with all things. I do not really know how to relax. My mind is constantly on a nitros induced speeding lap around a track that never seems to end. AND THIS CAUSES ME STRESS. What happened to the times when days seemed to drag along and years never wanted to end? Many elders warned me this would happen. That life would go faster and faster as I aged. They were undeniably right. So I turn the page on the calendar only to be faced with an equally busy and jam-packed week. I hope to take moments each day to de-program and speak pleasantly to my family. I hope to take moments to be still and quiet (at the same time). I hope to take moments each day to PRAISE my God and thank him for the blessings that have become my insane life. I hope to be a good disciple and teach others about HIM through my actions and words. With your prayers... I believe this may be possible. As I type, I feel the shoulders softening and the jaw loosening. Thanks be to God for his answers to prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment