Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday's Mayhem

Today was a Monday. It was nice, serene, and peaceful (for the most part). THEN...I got out of school. I encountered a frustrated husband, frustrated children, and nothing special for dinner. Have you ever had one of those days where you work really hard to "be all you can be".....only to face those who you want more than anything in the world to be with.....yet ....everything goes to crap, feelings are raw and overall... it just does not work out. You feel like a lamb led to slaughter!

I read in Reader's Digest today that you should treat your husband and children like special guests in your home. The ones that you can not sleep nights before their arrival due to excitement, the ones you create exceptional meals and delightful desserts for. The ones you use the pretty towels and good china with. This made me think....how much better my household might run if these things were true. OF COURSE...there is the temptation to say...well sure .....if only....but.. I can't .. BUT WHY NOT?

I have 20 some odd days left of this school year. Those days are not guaranteed nor are any moments much past this one. I think
Ria's Bed and Breakfast may be opening soon. I have the most wonderful guests coming. They are funny and quirky and weird and I love them insanely. TV and screen time may have to be limited to get all my duties completed as Inn Keeper. I am praying that my investment of time will have unknown effects. Realizing today that I can not control my destiny....but I can influence my legacy has made me light hearted and hopeful. Hmmm.....gotta' go get those "fancy" towels out of my storage building!! Call and make your reservation with me if you will.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading this post and made me think, I should open the bed 'n breakfast I dream of owning. Also, awhile back I read wives should treat their husbands like dogs. If you have a dog as a pet, think about it. Do you talk to your dog in a sweet way (most of the time)? Do you pat his/her head and let him/her know how much you care. Do you have breakfast, lunch, and dinner ready for him/her, plus drink? What ever your pet does, do you forgive him/her without question? This is something to think about.

    ReplyDelete